Saturday, April 20, 2013

swimming pools.

day 45. thao and the get down stay down. swimming pools.



this song has nothing to do with kendrick lamar. and lord help me if in the next 320 days i ever mention that name again.

thao was someone i discovered by accident a long, long time ago and loved right away. as it normally goes with me, she'll always be special to me because i spent hours listening to her when i was trying to make sense of something crappy. the same crappy situation that inspired me to take a break and get out of pittsburgh for awhile.

when i decided to flee town in 2008 and move to florida, i was literally flying by the seat of my pants. when i tell you that i was still undecided if i was going to get on that plane the day before i left, i would not be lying to you. i packed with an angry voice in my head telling me i was wasting time, and i was only going to have to undo all the work i was doing because i clearly wasn't actually leaving town.

ultimately, i decided to make the move because my dad got me a gift card to chic-fil-a and i could not bear thinking that he spent time to do that for me, and that i would be selfish enough to stay home and not use it. (umm. hey there. PA has chic-fil-a too).

when my dad drove me to the airport on the big day, i turned on the radio and this song was playing. nevermind the fact that this simply means the dj decided to play a really great song. i took it as a major sign that i was on the right path, had made the right decision, and would never once look back. sign or no sign, thao is da bomb.

0 comments: