Wednesday, April 10, 2013

suite: judy blue eyes.

 day 38. suite: judy blue eyes. by crosby, stills, and nash.





this song will forever remind me of being 10 years old and waking up on a summer morning to my dad working outside in the yard. i'm sure my dad was purposely singing loudly because he got moody if my brother and i slept any later than 9. i'm also sure i didn't appreciate my dad's music tastes at the time because i was too into my cassette tape of the baby-sitters club soundtrack. but it must have left a mark on my musical tastes for life.

as i've gotten older, i've found that my dad and i have almost the exact same taste in music. it's great because i love going to concerts with him, and every once in awhile he will introduce me to a new band (but more often it's the other way around.) I tried to get him into the fleet foxes this winter, but i made the mistake of comparing them to cs&n, and i think that offended him or something because i'm pretty sure he hasn't even attempted to listen to the cd i got him.

recently i found out that due to all of the woodstock-esqe era concerts i was attending with my dad, my penchant for bandana-like headbands, braids, and my unruly hair, everyone assumed i was smoking a lot of pot. & i mean i could have if i really wanted to. i've never seen more people under the influence than at a crosby, stills, and nash concert. but let me just tell you this, i've also never felt as totally uncool as I did when comparing myself to a bunch of 50 & 60 year olds who still know how to rock tye-dye.

0 comments: