Friday, April 5, 2013

die young.

day 30. die young. by ke$ha.



i just want to be perfectly clear about something. i am not into ke$ha. I am just really into this song. it just makes me want to dance. in fact, after listening to this song about 20 times in a row, i tried to learn all the steps to the Charleston, which is way more intense then I could have ever imagined. and I have to be honest - i gave up after about 10 minutes. okay 2 minutes.

i like to put this song on at work and encourage everyone to stop what they are doing and dance. i like to run to this song. i like to listen to it when i am having a bad day. i like to listen to it when i am having a great day. it's just a great reminder that sometimes you just. have. to. let. loose.

for me, it took a lot to admit that I was into a song by ke$ha. that in itself was letting loose. so it's a reminder to have fun and surprise yourself every once in awhile.

side note, i recently discovered that nate ruess wrote this song, and I suddenly went from 99% to 100% okay with being into it.

0 comments: