Saturday, April 27, 2013

cecilia.

day 52. cecilia. by simon & garfunkel.



cecilia is always a crowd pleaser. in the days of my old blog i once listed this song in my top 5 most requested songs, and it is definitely still part of that list. i have a semi-obsession with wanting my name in a song, and since i took my confirmation name from st. cecilia, this may be the closest i ever get. i have actually read that this song is a sort of love/hate song to st. cecilia the patron saint of music, from the perspective of a songwriter. i don't know if that's true, but it makes sense.

we requested this tonight at thea's wedding and it got everyone happy. parents and children alike, and so that is how you know it is a classic. this song makes me think of dancing, and laughing, and road trips. & i don't know if paul & art realized what they were creating, but i've yet to meet anyone who doesn't love this song.

0 comments: