Monday, April 15, 2013

angel from montgomery.

day 40. angel from montgomery. by john prine.



at my middle school, people used to go up to someone they were dating and make an "x" with their arms if they wanted to break up with them. it was quick and painless, but actually pretty embarrassing for the one being dumped. luckily it never happened to me. although that style would have actually been preferable to the break up speech i once got, which was:

"i can't be with you because you make me want to be a better person. when i picture life with you, i picture myself coming home from work and talking about my day and our lives, and laughing and doing fun things together. but all i really want to do is come home to a woman who cooks and cleans for me, i can't handle the rest."

i kid you not, and this is my life. which used to seem like a really strange soap opera. & luckily i really just don't date anymore in order to avoid situations like that. but this song has always reminded me of that particular exchange; and it's stuck with me (for some reason) as an enriching life experience and not so much a terrible moment.

& then when i rewatched "into the wild," and i realized that this is the song kristen stewart sings, i actually got s-i-c-k to the stomach. that girl ruins everything.

0 comments: