Sunday, April 28, 2013

silver lining.

day 53. silver lining. by rilo kiley.



first of all. Rilo Kiley has made my early 90's dreams come true. a band with Hannah from Troop Beverly Hills and Pinsky from Salute Your Shorts is just too much goodness to handle.

this is the first song played on the radio in my honda civic - daisy - during my first drive. i was so excited that it was playing because my car is silver - and i thought "whoa, this is a sign." (like i always think). from that point on, this song will always remind me of daisy being bright & shiny new. but, because i got my car as college was ending and i was starting my first year of teaching, this song will also always remind me of bright and shiny new beginnings.

my car has been through A LOT since then. she's been hit multiple times, broken into 3, and had a complete engine failure (which i'm told happens to 1 in a 5,000,000 cars. i'm so lucky.) but if you look at daisy you wouldn't know it. we truly are soul sisters. & this is my love song to my car.

0 comments: