Sunday, April 21, 2013

middle distance runner.

day 46. middle distance runner. by sea wolf.



as a half-marathoner, i basically classify myself as a middle distance runner. & perhaps this song is also a metaphor for the way i sometimes live my life, but let's not get too deep up in here today.

half-marathoners have a habit of saying some take on the following phrase: "im JUST/ONLY running/jogging the half (hopefully)." we completely downplay the fact that we are running 13 FREAKING miles. that's far. not long ago were the days when even 2 miles scared me. but yet, time and again I hear us downplaying the great accomplishment that we can literally run for nearly two hours without stopping. it's pretty cool.  

to tie in this song, i have two running moods - pensive or powerful. this song is definitely on repeat during the pensive days. which today was. so much so that i watched 10 episodes of Mad Men with my parents instead of running the 10 miles i intended to.

pensive is not always bad. i mean it has to be better than whatever type of mood the people are in listening to angry rap or techno. i had my best race time when i was in a pensive mood, which is interesting because this song is. so. slow. 

yet to be determined.... my mood for my next half coming up in TWO weeks.  EEK! (PLEASE NOTE: today i was supposed to run my last long training run. and i just didn't. here goes nothing!)


0 comments: