Thursday, April 11, 2013

if it's the beaches.

day 36. if it's the beaches. by the avett brothers.



this song crushed my heart today in the best possible way. i have heard it many many times before and have always liked it, but today was like hearing it for the first time. it actually made me stop cold in the middle of a project at work, and i felt like i could probably yak right into the garbage can next to me. which maybe is tmi, but i'm pretty sure no one reads this. in my defense i think my open emotional state can be partially attributed to finishing reading Wild, by Cheryl Strayed, on my lunch break. The ending got me right in the gut, so my defenses were considerably weakened. Add that to a whole bunch of heart openers in yoga, and i was screwed.

to follow up, i obviously got right back to work, but continued to play on repeat until someone came into the office and said "you don't look too hot, i really think you should put on a different song."

0 comments: