Monday, April 22, 2013

a comet appears.

day 47. the shins. a comet appears.




let's just kill it two days in a row with posts that talk about feelings. i'm just going to roll with it.

i'm pretty sure that my most common emotion is melancholy. this song is melancholy to me. & when i use that word, i don't mean depressed and wallowing in despair - or even the least bit sad. i mean the second most common dictionary definition:

2. sober thoughtfulness; pensiveness.

i'm known to scrawl in books i read. quotes, thoughts, and fears that normally have nothing to do with the content of the book. i underline. i add fortunes from my fortune cookie and snapshots from when i was a baby or from the time the book was read. all in hopes that when i pick the book up again in the future, i will pause to think about what I thought was special or important enough at the time. i do this when i'm feeling melancholy. i've always been this way. it's what makes me an avid reader, someone who loves to write, and i'm also certain that it is what draws me to running. i love long plane rides that mean i can sit and be to myself for 7 hours and do nothing but think. and read. and listen to music. and be melancholy. and for there to be nothing wrong with it.
a few weeks ago, i scribbled down - "still to come. the worst part. and you know it." in the book i was reading. and it seems so out of place in a book that was ending on a beautifully happy note. but i'm glad, because when i look back now, i can remember exactly where, when, and why and then write about it in my blog. and remind myself, that yes. i am psychic.
 

0 comments: