Wednesday, April 3, 2013

okay i believe you, but my tommy gun don't.

day 28. okay, i believe you, but my tommy gun don't. by brand new.



i think for my entire life this will always be in my top 10 songs. i have no story to accompany it, and no great life moment that it makes me think of - other than the fact that it has carried me through 10 years of my life and has never once gotten old.

i listened to this song on repeat the entire way to new jersey for my senior trip, and since I am heading to the exact same location 10 years later with the same people, but this time for a bachelorette party, I thought it was fitting. it takes me back to the days long before jesse lacey broke my heart by using his angelic voice to scream rather than sing. also back to the days when i had enough money to buy myself two Burberry bathing suits to strut down the beach in. what... where did I get all that dough back then? so a lot has changed over 10 years, but I still adore this song, and I'm still gaga over all things plaid.

something i've realized through my life is that I tend to like people who know about Brand New just a tad more than people who don't. and then even more if they are also into plaid.

0 comments: