Thursday, April 4, 2013

late night drama queen.

day 29. late night drama queen. by drew holcomb & the neighbors.




drew holcomb & the neighbors is a band that i discovered by accident a few years ago when they were opening up for another band. and yes, it was love at first listen. i don't know if it is because they were just that amazing live or if i had the biggest girl crush on ellie. whatever the reason, they had me mesmerized after the first song.

so i'm at the concert with my friends and drew & ellie play "late night drama queen." my friend mark taps me on the arm and says "umm, that sounds just like you." and I would have been offended except I was thinking the exact same thing. but also in my head i was thinking do I really want to be known to my male friends as a drama queen? and is this what my mom meant when she said that I need to tone it down sometimes? and is this why my other friend told me he thought i should present myself at "10% ashley" if i ever wanted to find a boyfriend?

and then i thought whatever, because it's all or none. or as i like to say "you either love me or you hate me, there's no in between with me."

actually I don't say that. ever. but it was on an episode of Real Housewives once when my roommate was watching, and for a few days I thought about making it my motto.

0 comments: