Monday, April 8, 2013

janet.

day 33. janet. by the format.



this song has basically been in my head all. day. long.

it reminds me of new york city. probably because it references new york city. and probably because I was walking up and down Lexington Avenue all day long today. I've found, that of the few times that I've been in New York, this song has been stuck in my head.

if this is my New York song, cool, I guess. but, I'm sure there are 500 or so songs that mention New York, and I can't help but think that there just may be better ones out there. and, not to mention again that I LOVE the format, but sometimes I really just wish I could move on from my love affair with nate ruess. In 33 days, I've probably referred to him more than anyone else.

I really do love this song though, and it's always incited a little bit of jealousy in me over people named janet. I've mostly just always wanted a song to mention my name, and for how common a name "ashley" is, songs mentioning it just aren't very easy to come by. it seems like every single TV show has a ditzy girl named ashley.. but a quality song about a girl named ashley? nope.

0 comments: