Monday, April 1, 2013

skinny love.

-->
day 26. skinny love. by bon iver.


 
something I don’t understand is why people get so broken up over the way “bon iver” is pronounced. I mean, I consider myself to be pretty on the up when it comes to music, I enjoy some bon iver when the mood strikes, and I essentially have a Master’s degree in knowing how to read – but I’m still pretty sure I pronounce it a new way of wrong each time I try.

and really what’s the big deal? if I’ve never seen a live performance, then it’s like, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW HOW IT IS PRONOUNCED? I’m not fluent in French. I’m trained to break down every single word I read by it’s syllables & vowel sounds, digraphs & phonemes, and bon iver just does not fit any of the word patterns that I’m aware of. again, probably because I don’t even have as much as a pinky finger’s grasp on the French language. but yet people keep on making me feel incompetent each time I try unsuccessfully to pronounce those two little words. you win, Justin Vernon, you win.

I adore this song anyway.

0 comments: