Tuesday, April 23, 2013

simple song.

day 48. simple song. by the shins.



this song warms my heart & oh my god i'm writing about feelings again.

um hello to the line: "I know that things can really get rough, when you go it alone. don't go thinking you gotta be tough, and bleed like a stone."

at least once a day i have someone telling me in one way or another that i need to ask for help more, or accept help when it is offered to me. but ahhhh, it is just so hard for me to do. i would rather make 10 trips to and from the car than ask for help carrying groceries.

lately i've been making it a point to not try handling everything on my own all the time. just let me just tell you, letting go of control and a tough exterior is scary. so scary. but it feels pretty great to say "this is not cool and i'm not going to pretend like it is." or "help me do this so I can get out of work on time." hello balance. this song has served as a gentle reminder lately that it's okay to let your guard down once in awhile.

don't get too excited though, because if you think this means i'm going to have daily feel good emotional talks and cry it out sessions you are taking this a LITTLE too far, okay? i'm going to limit it to 3 days a week. tops.

0 comments: