Friday, April 12, 2013

all my days.

day 37. all my days. by alexi murdoch.




i have the wisest friend who always just has a way of wording things in a beautiful way, whether it's inspiring me on my yoga mat or over a cup of coffee. she is always so insightful that when I leave her, I always feel any worries I have slip right away. I find this special, because a lot of the time, I think I am just the opposite - i'm 100 times more likely to make someone amped up than I am to make them feel peaceful and reposed.

today as I was doubting myself over something silly, she said - "are you going to be the type of person who pushes joy out of their life, or lets it in?" and it's like ugghhhh. how do you always have the advice that is going to hit me JUST where and when I need to hear it?

and then I got into my car and this song was playing & i have this weird superstition that if I hear this song then it's going to be a wonderful day. & nothing crazy great happened today. i'll probably fall asleep on my couch any minute because I slept 3 hours last night, but it's been a good day and sometimes those are the best days. & it's always nice to have a reminder to practice JOY even on the most average of days.

0 comments: