Saturday, March 30, 2013

you can close your eyes.

day 24. you can close your eyes. by james taylor.



i wish that james taylor & julie andrews would make a compilation cd of the two of them singing lullabies together. I guarantee you that no one would ever have one bit of trouble falling asleep again. throw in a guest appearance by eddie vedder and people would probably just sleep for fun.

this was my lullaby when i was a baby.  & by baby i also mean - toddler. child. preteen. teen. adult, etc. when i was younger my mom would play this song for me and we would dance around the room. now I mostly just use it to self-soothe when I am sick, hungover, or sad. it never fails to help me zen out or fall asleep when I can't.

my mom played this song for me when she was driving me to my first night at college. despite the fact that she still finds it sentimental, she & my dad have never been inspired enough to invite me along to any of the 10 times they have seen james in concert. & this summer when i asked my mom to go with me, she said she's seen him enough and is over it. disappointing.

0 comments: