Sunday, March 24, 2013

afternoon delight.


day 18. afternoon delight. by the starland vocal band. but in this case, in the style of the gentleman of Anchorman.



my connection to this song started innocently enough. I just really loved the movie, Anchorman. one, it’s funny. two, I worked at a public radio station for 5 years, and people in the broadcasting world really are that weird, quirky, strange, etc. I used to watch Anchorman with my friends in college, and they would quote, quote, quote the movie like crazy. naturally, this song just got stuck in my head one day & never left.

time goes on, college ends, and I still love this song. more than anything, because it made me think of my friends and the easy life that was college. so…  I started requesting it any time I got the opportunity.

in particular, I would request it at the bar in the town I grew up in, and since it’s a small town and there are only so many places to hang out - this song was requested often & to the same dj over and over. it got to the point where I only had to walk in the door, and this song would be played upon my entrance.

I know what you’re thinking - who doesn’t want a theme song to play when they enter a room? but in each and every one of the fantasies that I have ever had in my head in my entire life, this was never the song I picked to be mine. embarrassing, really. what a freakshow.

0 comments: