Tuesday, March 12, 2013

rocky raccoon

day 6. rocky raccoon. by the beatles



for some reason, this song makes me feel really powerful. really, It gives me that “conquer the world” feeling each time I listen to it, and honestly, maybe that’s weird because the entire song sounds like a good time saloon party that should make you want to dance with a cute cowboy, but it makes me want to mess someone’s world up. there’s probably something inherently wrong with me,  but whatever I’m about to go off on a tangent.

I picked this to be the song I started my first half-marathon to, and it was PERFECT. If you knew me before the age of 26, I was a little bit of a wuss. and, well, honestly. when I say a little, I mean a lot. I cheated on running the mile in high school, by taking 2 laps instead of 4, and that pretty much describes my fitness regimen my entire life until I started training for a half marathon. Now I’m a certified BAMF. & that is why this song will always remind me of how cool I am. that and I’d really like to go up to someone and say “It’s time for a showdown,” so…

on a completely unrelated note, while youtubing this song, I came upon a video of little babies and toddlers acting out the scenes and pretending to shoot each other. I was disturbed. try and find it if you want to watch it, but it seemed too strange to post.

0 comments: