Thursday, March 21, 2013

sweet illusions.

-->
day 15. sweet illusions. by ryan adams.



I think I’m a pretty generous person. Most of the time I would rather see other people happy than myself, because it's fun.

however, one place I will not sacrifice my mental happiness is at work. we have three music stations to pick from – 1. the “everybody” channel. 2. dance party. 3. my channel.

on days that I'm "in charge," I also take that to mean I'm CEO of in-store radio. If I’m being generous I will play channel 1. I will never play channel 2. (unless someone bribes me.) I mostly just put on channel 3, which most of my coworkers have dubbed the “suicide” channel. personally I think that’s a bit extreme.

anyways, this song plays on channel 3 often. not only do I want Ryan Adams to provide the soundtrack to the movie about my life, this song reminds me of my old coworker C. Chase. everytime this song comes on, I say “its our song,” and then I tear up a little bit. & everyone just rolls their eyes.

0 comments: