Thursday, March 7, 2013

run around sue

day 1. run around sue. by dion and the belmonts


life lesson learned. never try and get revenge on a boy by flirting with his friends. or else he’ll dedicate this song to you at the bar.

considering the fact that the boy in question was the worst type possible, the weekend type; the “let me ignore you all week and hit you up every weekend after 10 pm” type, I really didn’t deserve this scathing, and mostly rude, dedication. it takes one to know one…right?

let’s just get serious here for a minute. comparing me to a girl named sue who gets around with “every single guy in town?” hold up. this guy blew me off so many times in college, I dyed my hair two drastically different colors. one being black and one being orange (AT THE SAME TIME). I was lucky to get attention from ONE other guy let alone “every single guy in town.” come on, kind of an exaggeration.

I remember standing with this guy on a balcony and hearing the first bars of this song. it sounds kind of sweet at first, so when he said, “hey I requested this song for you,” I got butterflies.

quickly, though, it became awkwardly clear to me that this was nothing but a hardcore, if not lame, diss. I remember gesturing to my friends on the first floor and giving them a “help me” look. sadly, this night was not the end of us. we still hung out with each other for a few more months which is somewhat disturbing, honestly.

however, I think the biggest cause for concern in this situation, is as follows: why in the world, out of all the possible songs in a college student’s repertoire, would a 21 year old guy choose this one to insult me with? I mean, how can you take someone seriously when you’re mostly inspired to lace up your saddle shoes and head on down to the neighborhood sock hop? 

by the way... the looks on the faces of the audience members in this video? it looks like they're really having a good time.

0 comments: