Tuesday, March 19, 2013

diamonds on the soles of her shoes.

day 13. diamonds on the soles of her shoes. by paul simon.



an ultimate running jam.

today was my first time running anything longer than 4 miles in 6 months. coming back to running (in my case, after milking an ankle injury for as long as humanly possible) is always harder than when you first started, because you are ALWAYS comparing yourself to where you were before. and, big surprise, comparison makes one miserable. if I can imagine that I’m pounding the pavement while wearing diamond encrusted shoes, then for a few minutes, I feel like I’m strutting and flying instead of hardcore struggling.

it’s possible that I’m the only weird person who likes to run to a tune which is not conducive to a steady pace. but… whatever works. plus, ever since I accidentally checked out a Ladysmith Black Mambazo cd from the library about 8 years ago, I’ve had a soft spot for them. they just have a talent of making me feel chill in times of high stress – like when I feel like I have been running for 50 minutes and it’s really only been 5.

0 comments: