Wednesday, March 20, 2013

good man.

day 14. good man. by josh ritter.







Once upon a time I had to go to a wedding solo, knowing that my ex love was going to be there with his pregnant wife.

I pulled up to the wedding (ALONE, People!), taking a few seconds to breathe before walking into the ceremony, when a car pulls up next to me. him. with. her.

in my head, I’m all  - “don’t move, he won’t see you, he won’t know it’s you. he will ignore you because he is with her.” 

tap, tap, tap. he’s actually tapping on my window. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

small talk ensues - followed by a “hey, are you here alone? do you want to walk in with us?” Never. not ever. in a million years do I want to walk in with you and your wife. is this a joke?

I have a mini anxiety attack in the car, before pulling myself together. feel like I’m going to puke all through mass. until the priest says a prayer for all homeless, sick, dying and SINGLE. & then I feel hostile, because come on. is a prayer like that really necessary? I have no plans to join christianmingle.com no matter how pathetic my priest thinks I am.

next stop - wedding reception. ex gets put at a table with another ex fling and his new girlfriend. the two have never met until tonight. what is the theme of that table? how were those two possibly put together? their only tie to each other is me, which I bet made great table talk.

in the end, despite all my good humor to the hilarity and awkwardness that is my life, i was still somewhat traumatized. it's all good though, because i was inspired to put together one of my best mixes ever - any of the songs could be used in place of the one i chose. i just happen to like this one the best.

0 comments: