Sunday, March 17, 2013

hedwig's theme.

day 11. hedwig's theme. harry potter.

 

I'm literally experiencing writer's block right now. I'm 100% committed to the fact that I'm going to write every single day for 365 days, but I feel like my. head. could. explode. I don't know how people write for a living because this is the pits. I tried putting down my thoughts on 10+ different songs and gave up about a sentence into each of them. I actually had to turn off all music because it was making it harder to focus. then the annoying dog down the street started barking, and I still didn't want to put any music on to drown that out. which is weird for me, and makes me worried. even writing this is making my eyes feel like they're going to fall out. idk, for some reason writer's block makes me thoroughly dramatic. I'm also wondering if this is all because I have my bangs pinned back. maybe they are some sort of hipsterish, artistic, inspirational, lucky charm kind of thing.

so the only thing I can think to offer in this situation is my go-to happy place. Hogwarts. more specifically the Gryffindor common room. It's no secret that I am obsessed with all things Harry Potter - so when I can't sleep, or I am stressed, I visualize. I pretend that I am curled up on a fluffy couch in front of the fireplace in the Gryffindor common room, sleeping soundly. it works every time. it's not that much different than someone picturing themselves on the beach, or on a mountaintop, or in an igloo. I mean whatever your thing is, make it work.

all of a sudden I'm starting to worry that next year is a leap year and I'll actually have to write for 366 days because February will have 29 days. If this is the case, I do not even want to know.

0 comments: