Monday, March 25, 2013

colorshow

day 19. colorshow. the avett brothers




you’ve got to remember where you were the moment you first fell in love with your favorite band. I was sitting on the porch of the world’s worst apartment. being angsty about who knows what. (although I could venture a pretty accurate guess). and this song comes on. & it didn’t match my mood at all. but it was love at first listen.

it is in no way my favorite avett brothers song, but to me will always be what the avett brothers are all about. not to mention that the first lines, “be loud, let your colors show,” really resonate with me. people are always telling me to 1. talk quieter, or 2. to tone it down. & maybe it’s nice to know that my favorite band disagrees with them, and I can be as loud/quirky/dramatic/over-the-top as I please, dagnabbit.

0 comments: