Monday, March 18, 2013

i'm ready, i am.

day 12. i'm ready, i am. by the format.




I sometimes feel like Nate Ruess & I are kindred spirits. we're about the same age, and so when I listen to his songs I've always felt that we're both just trying to make it in this big, wide world together.

I've had a rough time with the success of the band, fun. I can't explain it other than it's like watching an old friend grow up and leave you in the dust. you want the best for them, but its like COME ON, your new friends are LAME.  but I HEAR you, you've been singing about how hard you've worked and wanted this for so long that I can't blame you, Nate.

this song, by the format (Nate's first band) came out as I was graduating high school and moving into college. It will ALWAYS remind me of that time in my life.

This past weekend, I was basically bribing my friends to attend our 10 year reunion. & big surprise, no one wants to go. I don't understand this, because I'm DYINGGGG to go.

I come from a small town, and I run into my old classmates all the time. With facebook, it's not like you can hide anything either. People are not going to be shocked when I show up without a husband. In fact, most of my old classmates probably know more of what is going on in my life than I do half the time.

But you just know - you. just. know. there are going to be those people who have gone off the radar and are going to show up. And when they do show up they are either going to be holy hot messes or total stunners. It will be just like having front row tickets to an episode of Maury and there is not a chance in the world that I am going to miss it.

I bet Nate showed up to his reunion. what a bummer if you graduated with him too. "ohhh.. you have a nice new house? a cute kid? married the principal? who cares! because i'm Nate from fun. so suck it, losers!"

0 comments: